Code of Conduct
By checking the corresponding box during registration process, you agree to the following code. If you do not agree with this code, please do not register. A paper liability waiver consenting to the unconditional acceptance of these rules will be initialed and signed on site to receive your attendee badge.
Part 1 : General rules
Any forbidden behavior can lead to a permanent ban.
Any action or behavior likely to cause interferences with the event’s organization, an excessive discomfort for the other participants, or likely to hurt Anthrofur’s relationship with their clients, grounds, or the public are strictly forbidden and can lead to an expulsion or, in more serious cases, a permanent ban from the event. No refunds of the convention fees or the hotel fees will be made in the case of an expulsion.
This global rule surpasses any of the following rules and can be invoked at any time :
- Article 1 : Be respectful of others.
- Article 2: Access to the space rented by Anthrofur for the duration of the FBL is strictly reserved for participants with a valid badge of the current year and the hotel staff.
- Article 3: You are responsible for any damage you may cause to property, persons and places, whether from the hotel, the Anthrofur Association and / or persons.
- Article 4: You must strictly follow the instructions given by the staff or the authority during the event (Anthrofur, hotel or security).
- Article 5: Bullying and harassment, whether physical, moral or criminal, constitutes an offense in accordance with Article 222-33-2-2 of the French Penal Code. Offense may give rise to legal prosecution.
- Article 6: Be aware that we share the public spaces of the hotel and other places of activity with the public. Help us to give a good image of the fandom in France!
- Article 7 : You must wear decent clothing. We reserve the right to refuse an outfit and request you to change to something more appropriate. Collars with leash, collars with spikes, strangling collars, bracelets with spikes, bracelets with D-Rings, handcuffs, harnesses (except part of a fursuit outfit), all very tight outfits that strongly suggest the intimates (spandex, lycra, latex) and nudity (partial or full) are forbidden. Do not hesitate to ask if you’re not sure or don’t know.
- Article 8: Any sexual behavior beyond a sober demonstration of affection is prohibited in public place.
- Article 9 : The display of adult material is not allowed (NSFW art, fetish gear (pup-play, age-play, and BDSM), full-body rubber, latex and vinyl costumes).
- Article 10: Narcotics and dangerous objects (sale, proposal, consumption) are prohibited by French law and may lead to a ban and a report to the police (Article L. 3421-1 of the French Health Code and Article 222-37 of the French Penal Code).
- Article 11 : Owning and using in public products with a vague legal status, which may lead to litigation between the public services and the organizing entity, will be prohibited at the discretion of the organizing team.
- Article 12 : Speech in any form that promotes or encourage discrimination, harassment, or violence based on race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion or nationality is strictly prohibited (Article 225- 1 of the French Penal Code).
- Article 13 : You are not allowed to wear, display or otherwise propagate symbols of forbidden organizations according to the article R645-1 of the French Penal Code or symbols relating to groups associated with the “alt furry” movement.
- Article 14: Any abandoned object will be transmitted to the lost property service. Do not leave your belongings and luggage unattended.
Part 2 : Registration
- Article 1: You must be at least 18 years old on the first day of the event and the following ones (“Early arrival” included), no exception will be granted.
- Article 2 : You will need to show a valid ID to the con-ops before obtaining you con badge at the start of the convention. Accepted IDs are : national identity card, driving license (french or european), passport (national or european).
- Article 3: The activities of the event are open only to registered participants and having paid the total amount of their registration. In accordance with our Terms and Conditions (T&C Part 1, Article 3), no on-site payment is accepted at the event.
- Article 4: A badge, acting as an entrance ticket, is valid for one year only for the person to whom it has been assigned and can not be shared. Any loss or theft of this badge must be immediately reported to the con-ops office during the event.
- Article 5 : Con badges must be shown or given back to a member of staff on demand.
- Article 6 : It is forbidden to alter the badge’s information.
Part 3 : Hotel
- Article 1 : Do not be too noisy in the corridors or your room. Respect those who sleep! Any failure will be transferred to the hotel’s order service.
- Article 2: Measures can be taken directly by the hotel and Anthrofur to expel individuals causing disturbances and/or degradation and breaching rules within the hotel and the convention space rented by Anthrofur.
- Article 3 : The number of room guests must be respected. Any proven attempt at “room ghosting” (residing in a room of the hotel without having declared themselves beforehand at the reception) would result in a permanent ban of the convention for all the occupants of the room in addition to the sanctions taken by the hotel hosting the convention.
- Article 4: Rooms must be checked-out before 12:00PM of the day of your departure. The rooms must be returned in an acceptable condition according to the standards of the hotel. The hotel may claim financial compensation from the occupants of the room if the intervention of a specialized team should be made necessary to restore the room.
- Article 5: Although the hotel accepts animals, we ask you not to bring them with you for reasons relating to the safety of the property and people, except for the assistance animals duly equipped and upon presentation of specific papers to the situation (guide dogs and therapeutic dogs).
- Article 6 : Fireworks, fire breathing and firecrackers are forbidden.
- Article 7 : In compliance with French law, smoking and vaping is strictly forbidden inside the hotel and in direct vicinity of the front entrance.
- Article 8 : For safety reasons, it is forbidden to obstruct emergency exits, blocks doors, tamper with or move fire extinguishers.
- Article 9: Respect the green spaces (These are neither garbage cans nor open ashtrays!). The detritus must be placed in garbage bags or containers provided for this purpose. Do not hesitate to ask the staff for a bag if needed.
- Article 10: The rules of the hotel must be respected by all participants, without exception. The hotel may claim financial compensation in case of damage.
- Article 11 : You may not carry any weapons anywhere on the premises of the hotel at any time. All weapon look-alike and replicas must be approved immediately after your registration on site by the FBL Safety Team.
- Article 12 : The hotel and Anthrofur cannot be held responsible for theft or degradation on vehicles parked in the parking lot.
- Article 13: The balloons must be inflated with a non-flammable gas according to the instructions for use.
- Article 14 : The consumption of food and drinks brought from outside are forbidden in the common areas of the hotel.
- Article 15: The use of mobility devices, motorized or not (gyroskates, Segway, gyroroues, etc.), is prohibited in the hotel.
- Article 16: Thank you for giving priority to fursuiters in elevators, ascent and descent. Do not damage the elevators and, for security reasons, do not hinder their proper functioning.
Part 4 : Furnitures
- Article 1 : Rooms are rented with equipment. This equipment is put to our disposal and shall not be moved nor damaged.
- Article 2: Any degradation of the equipment belonging to the hotel, the association Anthrofur or its providers may result in a final exclusion with billing up to the damage caused.
Part 5 : Fursuit Lounge
- Article 1: Access to the lounge fursuit is reserved for fursuiters on presentation of their badge with the “Fursuiter” ribbon .
- Article 2 : We cannot be held responsible for objects left in the lounge, even with our multiple surveillance. Any object you own is under your responsability.
- Article 3: Please respect the opening and closing times of the fursuit lounge. Do not forget to remove your belongings before the final closing. The abandoned objects will be entrusted to the lost property service.
- Article 4: It is forbidden to take pictures and videos in the lounge fursuit.
- Article 5: Only the food and drink provided by the staff of the fursuit lounge are allowed.
Part 6 : Photos / Videos
- Article 1 : Anthrofur reserves all the rights on photos and videos taken during the event, either you are a member of this even tor not. Any media publication of photos, videos, texts, or any other material, can only be done with a prior authorization from Anthrofur. You are of course allowed to use your own pictures and videos to private and non commercial ends.
- Article 2: The hotel is in a restricted airspace, drones are prohibited.
- Article 3 : Videos and photos can be used by the official team if agreed to, but will not generate you any revenue. By registering, you agree that your image appears during all public activities, with no reserve. We cannot be held responsible of you appearing on videos or photos taken by non-team members. It is your job to be careful and warn the photographer/videomaker.
- Article 4 : Fursuiters, do not take your head off during group photos, or in public spaces. Except for medical emergencies, in the Fursuit lounge, or at the demand of a staff member.
- Article 5: If you wish to take video/photo shots in the public areas of the hotel, please make sure that no out-of-FBL hotel guests are included on your photos / videos in order to avoid any rights complication.
By registering for the FBL, the participant accepts these rules in advance and will have to initial and sign the paper liability waiver related to it to obtain his badge on the spot on presentation of a valid ID.
Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to all participants of the FBL.
Part 1 : Registration and payment
- Article 1 : The FBL staff reserves the right to refuse a registration request to its own discretion and without having to communicate a justification.
- Article 2 : To participate to the event, you must register online through the intended online platform. Any registration made without this platform will be null and void.
- Article 3: We only accept payments via Paypal or credit/payment card (always via Paypal). For security reasons, no on site registration or on-site payments.
- Article 4: You must be at least 18 years old on the first day of the event and the following ones (“Early arrival” included), no exception will be granted.
- Article 5: Registrations are personnal and are not refundable (article L. 221-28 paragraph 12 of the French Consumer Code). They may eventually be transferred. Please use our contact form to find out more.
- Article 6 : The hotel room must be booked independently from your event registration. Please contact our staff for any question/problem.
Part 2 : Private data
- Article 1 : Your private data will be processed with the utmost confidentiality and in compliance with the French law on data protection.
- Article 2 : We will not communicate your personal data to any third parties, unless obliged by law.
- Article 3 : You agree to receiving emails regarding the processing of your registration and payments, as well as possible annoucements about the upcoming event. We will never send you emails that are not related to the Furry Blacklight. Check your spam filters to avoid missing any important emails during the registration phase.
- Article 4 : You acknowledge that Furry Blacklight is a public event and that you will be asked to wear your personal con badge visibly, anywhere, anytime of the convention.
- Article 5 : Be aware that you or your nickname can be displayed in publications relative to the Furry Blacklight (Photos, videos, social network posts, etc…) .
- Article 6: An official member of the organizing team will never ask you for your password or sensitive banking information.
Part 3 : Dealers’ Den
The terms and conditions below will be initialed and signed for each vendor present. And in accordance with Article L310-2 of the French Commercial Code, all sellers will have to sign a certificate and to be registered in the dealer register of the Dealers’ Den prior to their installation.
- Article 1 : The FBL Staff reserves the right to refuse a Dealer table to anyone for any reason.
- Article 2 : The FBL Staff reserve the right to prohibit the sale of any item they deem inappropriate at any time, shut down a table, or make other requests with which you must comply, without refund or compensation.
- Article 3 : Anthrofur only provide space for dealers, and are not responsible for any business between attendees and dealers. As such, Anthrofur will not get involved in any disputes between attendees and dealers.
- Article 4 : The Dealers’ Den management does not tolerate abuse of any staff/crew members or other dealers. Any such incidents may result in you being removed from the Den, without refund or compensation.
- Article 5: Dealers must not actively sell or solicit transactions in the hotel outside of the Dealers’ Den. Any “junk” sales activity is illegal in public places (article 446-1 of the French Penal Code) and may lead to legal procecutions.
- Article 6 : We would strongly advise you be ready, and at your table in time for the initial opening of the Dealers’ Den – if you have not taken your space by midday, we reserve the right to pass your table to other interested parties without any notification.
- Article 7 : Please refrain from activities that might distract or disrupt other dealers.
- Article 8 : Keep pathways clear – your main areas for storage are under your table. No-one should be sat in front of your table.
- Article 9 : Dealers are responsible for keeping the area around their table(s) clean and tidy at all times and must ensure that all rubbish has been put in the bins provided when tearing down their table(s).
- Article 10 : The use of photographic and video recording equipment is prohibited.
- Article 11 : Anthrofur accepts no responsibility for any property which is lost, stolen or damaged during the convention, unless caused by our own negligence.
- Article 12 : We would prefer that only furry merchandise be sold in the Dealers’ Den, though generally related items, such as Anime, are fine.
- Article 13 : We cannot allow bringing and sale of food or beverages by dealers in the Dealers’ Den, though you can put a bowl of pre-packed free sweets out on your table.
- Article 14: On request of the hotel, it is forbidden to cook by any way in the premises of Dealers’ Den. However, since the Dealers’ Den is not located in the public area of the hotel, it is possible for exhibitors and their assistants (and only them) to introduce food and drink outside as long as it does not interfere excessively with the neighboring exhibitors.
- Article 15 : A note will be made of any dealer found to be consistently breaking any of these rules, for future reference.
- Article 16 : If you are in any doubt about any of these rules, please contact the Dealers’ Den staff before the convention and we will try to help you out.
- Article 17: Fursuits are not accepted in the premises of Dealers’ Den.
- Article 18: The electrical equipment used by exhibitors must comply with the European standards and must first be checked by the FBL Safety team before installation. We do not provide any adapter of any kind.
“Telegram” Channels Code of Conduct
1 – Don’t be stupid…
2 – Apply common sense
3 – Keep it PG-13, no NSFW material of any sort.
4 – In case of causing drama, we will take actions against all involved parties.
5 – Keep it civilized; no hate-speech, no harassment, no insults, nothing illegal.
6 – Don’t spam. Neither stickers nor GIFs nor memes nor pictures. You’ll be kicked without warning if you do.
7 – Piracy and links following to sites used for Piracy will not be tolerated.
8 – Check the main language of the channel you’re in. Keep all the chatter in the dedicated language of the channel.
9 – Advertisement is OK once a day to avoid spam. Too frequent advertisement for the same thing will be treated as spam.
If you have questions about rules or a problem on the “Telegram” channels, do not manage it yourself. Please contact the channel moderators first. Thank you.